Reports To: Production Director
As the Production Volunteer it is your responsibility to create quality production for the station.
Production is one of the most important parts of a station because production is everything on air when a person is not talking. As a production volunteer, it is expected that quality production is produced at all times. Production volunteers can be responsible for anything from writing scripts, to producing :30 commercials for business.
- Leadership: Being self-motivated, being able to motivate others; understanding empathy; organizational skills; being able to take and give direction.
- Teaching: Understanding all equipment and how it properly works; the ability to instill that information into the music staff.
- Creativity: Producing innovative radio spots to capture the audience attention.
- Communication: Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Continuous Learning: Actively acquiring new areas for learning; regularly creating and taking advantage of learning opportunities; using resources available through WHUR.
- Contributing to Team Success: Actively participating as a member of the team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
- Information Organization: The Assistant Production Assistant must know how to organize information in a manner in which it can be used to make effective decisions.
- Pro Tools- Production Volunteers must have some knowledge of Pro-Tools software. Even though one may be taught how to enhance skill levels it is still recommended to have general knowledge.
- Full-time validated Howard University student in good academic standing (2.75 GPA or greater)
- The ideal candidate would be a results-driven team player with a positive attitude.
- Must have excellent communication/listening skills with the motivation enough to meet client needs