Promotions Team Job Description
Reports To: WHBC Promotions Director
Being a part of the street team is an exciting job being that gives the station a chance to interact with our audience and viewers. Street team members are the active face of the station that will always be remembered by the campus. Street team members are expected to have an energetic personality and a friendly attitude while working any WHBC events.
The following are general guidelines and certain conduct that must be exhibited at all times:
- Report to all events at least 30 minutes early and/or stay after 30 minutes late. This allows us to have a strong team for set up and break down.
- Use care when handling material and WHBC premiums.
- Demonstrate initiative. Many times things will need to be done, and managers will need assistance but will not have time to delegate specific task. BEFORE, AFTER, or DURING an event Street Team member are never to be seen just standing around.
- Follow Café Nights & Loud Lunch Protocol: Street Team members must report to café night 30 minutes in advance.
- Street team members do not eat during café night; it reflects a lack of professionalism.
- It is encouraged that you to hype the crowd and have fun but please refrain from any inappropriate/vulgar behavior or dancing during a café night/loud lunch. You are representing WHBC.
- Leadership: Being self motivated, being able to motivate others; understanding empathy; organizational skills; being able to take and give direction.
- Market Profile: understanding our market and being and to understand how to keep market interested in our product
- Communication: Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Continuous Learning: Actively acquiring new areas for learning; regularly creating and taking advantage of learning opportunities; using resources available through WHUR.
- Contributing to Team Success: Actively participating as a member of the team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
- Event Planning and Organization: Being able to effectively organize and plan events based on the current needs of the station
- Full-time validated Howard University student in good academic standing (2.75 GPA or greater)
- The ideal candidate would be a results-driven team player with a positive attitude
- Must have excellent communication/listening skills to motivate street team