Reports To: WHBC Programming Directors
Personalities are the voice of the station which can be seen as one of the most important parts. As a personality, it is important to stay dedicated to perfecting a craft while also utilizing other departments to gain a better experience.
Quality radio must remain top priority at all times. A personality must remember that they are WHBC and when people listen to a show, the content that steams, how it sounds, and the way information is relayed are all important factors that people care about. Personalities must know all proper protocol and procedures of the station and abide them at all times. In addition, personalities must come to his or her show well prepared in advance. He or she may also assist in training of other personalities.
- Leadership: Being self motivated, being able to motivate others; understanding empathy; organizational skills; being able to take and give direction.
- Communication: Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Continuous Learning: Actively acquiring new areas for learning; regularly creating and taking advantage of learning opportunities; using resources available through WHUR.
- Contributing to Team Success: Actively participating as a member of the team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
- Organization: Personalities must know how to organize information and prepare it in a manner to produce top quality.
- Full-time validated Howard University student in good academic standing (2.75 GPA or greater)
- Must have completed one semester at Howard University.
- The ideal candidate would be a results-driven team player with a positive attitude.
- Must have excellent communication/listening skills with the motivation to meet client needs.